Monday, December 8, 2008

End of the Year Collegian Thoughts

If you include tomorrow, there are only four more papers left to this semester. The Score, which is the Collegian's yearly magazine and has features on at least one player from each team was released Saturday at the game against Boston College. It will officially be released Tuesday at the Score party which this entire class is invited to (we'll be in the same place anyway). 

My last article for the Collegian is going to be Wednesday night's wrap where UMass basketball plays Holy Cross. Here are some superlatives (good and bad) for my coverage of women's soccer and men's basketball this season. 

Best Article: Score Feature (women's soccer)- Home Again
Worst Article: Sept. 5- Patry sparks struggling offense
Best Interview: Vanessa Lima for the Score
Worst Interview: Meghan Collins for sidebar on playing her sister.
Best Game I Covered: Sept. 26- Women's soccer defeats Saint Bonaventure in double-overtime.
Worst Game I Covered: Nov. 29- Men's basketball loses to Wisconsin-Green Bay by 15 points.
Funniest Moment: Vanessa Patry tilting her head to the side to explain her header in the overtime win over Holy Cross.
Game I Wish I Saw: Women's soccer beating Dayton on Oct. 12.
Most Surprising Moment: Kellogg walking over to press row before the game against Dowling
I Wish I Talked To...: Tony Gaffney
Most Media Friendly: Mel Toulouse (duh)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

HAHAHA! i love this post!! I would have to agree the best moment was our win against Dayton. I'll have to go back and re-read your article on Patry but im sure you're being hard on yourself. And as for me being the most-media friendly....wow, i'm honored...and friendly i guess, haha Thanks!!