Thursday, November 6, 2008

My election night

Unfortunately, I had to work on a journalism project for another class simultaneous to watching the election so I wasn't able to go out, however I do have one distinct moment from my dorm of what happened when Obama won.

Almost my entire floor ran out of their rooms and screamed about how happy they are and everyone made calls to friends and family. Almost right at 11 p.m., I had about three calls, two text messages, and six instant messages. That was an interesting experience of its own.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yea, i got lots and lots of text messages from my dad in particular because he is such an avid Obama supporter. I also got them from my mom and sister and a bunch of friends. It was amazing, getting text messages celebrating a presidential election. I imagine in the "olden days" we would have all been writing letters to each other about our experiences.