Sunday, September 28, 2008

'Look at me when you insult my tax cuts'

If anyone missed the presidential debate Friday night, I included it here. I am also including a review on how TIME rates the candidates during the debate.

What you'll notice about the debate is that the moderator Jim Lehrer constantly tells Barack Obama and John McCain to look at each other and talk rather than looking and talking to the camera. Obama does it a few times but McCain has a hard time grappling with that idea.

I thought this was a cool idea and I hope all the debates can have a similar format. Perhaps the candidates debate prep people can stress this idea so it can actually sound like a debate instead of a speech contest.

3 comments:

Ima Law Student said...

Hahah thanks for posting this, I didn't get time to watch it when it was on

Andrea Murray said...

Another kudos. I was working and need to catch up and watch the first debate still. Thanks for the link.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I was working and didn't catch it.

Man, McCain has a nasty little unintentional whistle while he talks. It's really distracting.