Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Pondering nostalgia lane...

I'm going home for Columbus day weekend. I wouldn't usually announce this on my blog if it wasn't for this idea I just came up with. I used to cover the high school football team and they happen to be having their biggest game of the year because they're playing the big rival.

I'm working on possibly stringing this game for my town's paper. At the very least, I think it would be interesting to see what it's like covering my old team. I'm not sure how I'm going to structure this. I'm thinking I'd like to package this as a live blog, a wrap and maybe a sidebar in three posts. I could also do some convergence journalism by taking pictures, video, sound bites (is that possible?) from the game.

Who knows, maybe I could twitter this too somehow although I'll see what I can handle.

I also think I could use the current Sports Editor to put some perspective on the team, maybe post an interview with him or something. I think this will be a fun idea. What does everyone think? Good idea or really creepy?

2 comments:

Scott Brodeur said...

You know what would have strengthened this post? A link to some page that shows your high school football team or your hometown paper. That way interested folks (like me) could have clicked to see more about them.

Also, an image in the blog would have made it less gray -- even if it was a shot of your high school logo or mascot or something.

Adam said...

I should've included the link to the team at the very least. Linking out and posting pictures or video is still second nature to me.